New Number. Same Support.
The #VeteransCrisisLine has a new, easier-to-remember number — Dial 988 then Press 1
PCAFC Reassessment Update
VA is committed to supporting Veterans and their Family Caregivers. We are listening to concerns and working diligently to address them.
PCAFC Decision Process
We are continuing to develop processes to offer additional options for seeking further review of decisions. Stay up to date!
PCAFC Reassessment News
VA is committed to supporting Veterans and their Family Caregivers as a top priority. We are listening to concerns and working diligently to address them as we continue to ensure Veterans and their caregivers get the support they need and deserve.
Caregiver Support Program (CSP)
The Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) Caregiver Support Program (CSP) offers clinical services to caregivers of eligible and covered Veterans enrolled in the VA health care system. CSP is a national program with local offices and teams located within VA facilities. The program’s mission is to promote the health and well-being of family caregivers who care for our Nation’s Veterans, through education, resources, support, and services.
CSP carries out its mission through two programs:
- Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS)
- Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)
CSP - Two Programs: What’s the Difference?
- How CSP is Enhancing Services (PDF)
Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS)
- Services: Skills training, mobile support, one-on-one coaching, group support and coaching, self-care, peer support mentoring, telephone support, online programs, and referrals to available VA and community resources.
- Visit the CSP Teams/Caregiver Support Coordinators Locator .
- Eligibility: PGCSS is available to caregivers of Veterans enrolled in VA health care who served in any era.
- How do I apply: PGCSS Frequently Asked Questions.
Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC)
- Services: Education and training, health insurance (if caregiver is otherwise uninsured), mental health counseling, monthly financial stipend, respite care and other services.
- Eligibility: For Veteran and family caregiver eligibility requirements, please visit eligibility requirements.
- HOW DO I APPLY:
• Apply online: Online application PCAFC.
• By mail: Download and print VA Form 1010CG.
• In person: Bring your completed VA Form 10-10CG to your local CSP Teams/Caregiver Support Coordinators.
Veteran Requirements for Caregiver Program
- Enrolling in VA Health Care: A Veteran must be enrolled in VA health care, or is a Service member on active duty underdoing a medical discharge. Veterans can apply for VA health care benefits by completing and following submission instructions here (VA Form 10-10EZ).
- Find out how the Veteran can apply for VA health care.
|Caregiver Announcements||Caregiver Events|
|Tips and Tools||Support for Caregivers of Service Member Resources|
|Tips by Diagnosis||VA In-Home Services|
|Peer Support Mentoring Program||Caregiver Resources by Topic|
To assist you with enrolling in these programs, contact your local VA facility CSP Team/Caregiver Support Coordinator, or call the VA Caregiver Support Line(CSL) at 1-855-260-3274.
CSL Expanded hours:
-Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET
-Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Subscribe to receive email updates and information about VA Caregiver Support Program services.