VA Caregiver Support Program
VA Caregiver Support Program (CSP) - Events
Welcome to the VA Caregiver Support Program (CSP) Events Page!
Check out the list below and contact your local Veteran Affairs (VA) facility Caregiver Support Coordinator (CSC)/Caregiver Support Program (CSP) team to find events coming to a location near you! CSP teams can be found using the locator tool: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp.
Events for Caregivers and Families
Peer Support Mentoring Program – Spirituality Calls
The VA Peer Support Mentoring (PSM) Program and the National Chaplain Office will be hosting a 12-month series addressing spiritualty and caregiving. These calls are open to caregivers of Veterans enrolled in both the Program of General Caregiver Support Services (PGCSS) and the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers (PCAFC).
Calls will be held on the first Friday of each month from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m. ET (11:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. CT; 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. MT; 9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Pacific) and will be hosted on WebEx using the dial-in information below. There is NO registration required. Meeting Call in number: USA Toll-free Number 1-833-558-0712. Meeting number (access code): 2762 030 9378
- December 2022 - Spirituality and Holiday Stressors
- January 2023 - Spirituality and Renew and Recharge
- February 2023 - Spirituality and Lifestyle Change
- March 2023 - Spirituality Dementia
- April 2023 - Spirituality and Finding Meaning and Purpose
- May 2023 - Spirituality and Summer Safety Tips
- June 2023 - Spirituality and Respite
- July 2023 - Spirituality and PTSD
- August 2023 - Spirituality and Grief
Caregiver Support Line Education Calls
The VA Caregiver Support Line (CSL) offers free, monthly one-hour telephone education calls for caregivers. These group sessions focus on topics important to caregivers with a different topic presented each month. Caregivers learn about communication skills, building relationships and connections, self-care, and much more.
To register for monthly education calls, contact us at 1-855-260-3274.
Caregivers who are unable to attend the calls can access presentations online.
CSL -Monthly PresentationsCSL - Handouts
Upcoming CSL Education Calls
January 2023- Tempering the Tyrant: Finding Anger’s Rightful Place
- Tuesday, January 3, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific
February 2023- Burnout: Burnt Out? OK, Now What?
- Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific
March 2023- Palliative Care: Improving the Quality of Life for Caregivers and Veterans with Chronic Illness
- Tuesday, March 7, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. ET (9:00 a.m. CT; 8:00 a.m. MT; 7:00 a.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. ET (6:00 p.m. CT; 5:00 p.m. MT; 4:00 p.m. Pacific)
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. ET (2:00 p.m. CT; 1:00 p.m. MT; 12:00 p.m. Pacific
Caregiver and Family Resource Fairs
The annual Caregiver Family and Resource Fairs are held at every VA Medical Center (VAMC.) These fairs connect caregivers with resources, programs, and services all at one event. The fairs have information and are attended by:
- Representatives from VA programs
- Local area non-profits
- Community agencies
CSP Resource Fairs help caregivers learn about what resources are available to support them.
All caregivers and families are welcome to attend. Contact your local CSP team for more information about resource fairs using the locator tool: https://www.caregiver.va.gov/support/New_CSC_Page.asp.
Call VA’s Caregiver Support Line (CSL) at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you, and for assistance connecting with the CSP team, at your local VA facility.
VA CSL Expanded hours:
-Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET
-Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
CSP teams are professionals who provide support and referrals to services. They provide valuable information about resources that can help you to stay informed and supported as you care for your Veteran.
Subscribe to receive email updates and information about VA Caregiver Support Program services.