Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.
VA » Health Care » VA Caregiver Support Program » Practical Tips for Caregivers - Medications, Providers, Organization, Mobility
VA Caregiver Support Program
Practical Tips for Caregivers - Medications, Providers, Organization, Mobility
Tips: Medications, Providers, Organization, Mobility
- Medication Log (PDF)
- Preventing Medication Mishaps (PDF)
- Get the Facts on Prescription & Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Eight Opioid Safety Principles for Patients and Caregivers * (PDF)
Talking with Your Provider
- Tips for Communicating with Your Veteran's Health Care Team (PDF)
- Making the Most of Healthcare Visits (PDF)
- What to Do When The Veteran You Care For Is Hospitalized (PDF)
- Crisis Symptom Reporting Guide (PDF)
Moving around Safely - (Video Series)
- Home Alone Alliance – Mobility Video Series *
Call VA’s Caregiver Support Line (CSL) at 1-855-260-3274 to learn more about the support that is available to you, and for assistance connecting with the Caregiver Support Team/Coordinator, at your local VA Medical Center.
VA CSL Expanded hours:
-Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. ET
-Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET
Subscribe to receive email updates and information about VA Caregiver Support Program services.
*By clicking on these links, you will leave the Department of Veterans Affairs Web site.